Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Referrals from China taking longer these days

So, I heard yesterday that the wait for referrals has changed from 6 months to 8-9 months and possibly longer! This means that my LID of 10/31/05 might have been as early as April (6 mo), but now will likely be more like July or August. Some are even saying it could be longer than 8 or 9 months... 10-12 months even! Crazy.... that doesn't even count the wait for travel.

I'm getting myself prepared for this wait now, which is good. This does mean it gives me a little more time to get my finances in order.

5 comments:

  1. Hi-
    The only thing I can offer you in terms of surviving the wait is to try and hang on to the thougt that once you are in China and you actually have your daughter, you will shudder at the thought of having received an earlier referral because then the baby in your arms would have been a different one (does that make sense?)... I had so many people tell us, "be patient because you will get the child you are meant to have" and a few times I felt like socking said people in the kisser... however, of course they were right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin - I completely agree with you. :) My biggest worry right now is money... I just wish I had a better idea of when this will happen so I can plan better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa! Saw your posts on LCC. Unfortunately there's just no way to really plan exact timing with an international adoption. Things can change all the time. As far as money, plan for the shorter wait, and if it's longer you have more time to save for shopping in China. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa-

    Just thought I would check back to see if you have heard anything...

    You know, we didn't spend that much money in China... and that was travelling during Christmastime with 2 greedy children ;-)!

    Everything was soooo cheap, that despite the TONS of stuff we brought home with us, we still had money in our pockets... and trust me when I tell you that the word, "budget" draws total and complete blank stares from both my boys and myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard anything new. Same news, different day! I hope you are having a good New Year!

    ReplyDelete