Sunday, April 2, 2006

Baby in need

Well, I haven't felt like I've had much to say this week, 'cause I've just been SO busy at work and all. I haven't even had time to get into my sewing room this week. ugh. It is gorgeous out today, and did I run? No. Am I exhausted still? Yes. I'm working on it though.

Anyway, my sister and I came up with some things that we are going to do soon. Like have a garage sale. We love to go garage saling, and we try to have one a year, if we can. We also had a chance to talk a little about our trip to China. That was cool. We both decided to go through our closets, and anything we were going to give away this spring, we will take with us and then leave in China so we have more room in our suitcases for fun stuff on the way home! :)

We also talked about how awesome it would be if my nephew and my sister's hubby could come with us. I guess we'll just have to see when the trip falls. He can only come if it is late, late in the year (like December). Right now, it looks like the trip may fall between September and November sometime. (I'm still hoping, praying for after October 24.)

My sister got a lot of things from our cousin to list on eBay. She was excited. My sister loves eBay! LOL. She had me play model this weekend for some of the purses and dresses and shoes.

Oh, and we also found out about a little baby boy this weekend who is in need of some extra love and care right now. He is a cousin of one of my sister/hubby's) best friends. Their friend (the wife), "S", wants to take the baby in to help her cousin because her cousin is hooked on all kinds of drugs. This little baby "T" is only 4 days old and has already had to have some medical procedures done to help him. He has a little fluid on his brain and glaucoma, so far. It is so sad when people do these kinds of things to their children.

My sister and her friend "S" have both talked about maybe one of them fostering (adopting?) the baby if they can. "S" has some health issues, herself, but she has 4 wonderful kids and she's a great mom. My sister (like me) seems to have this heart for adoption and kids in need. She also feels like I do, that you do not have to give birth to a child to have them as your child.

I think that if she and her hubby took this little baby that it might be tough (they aren't sure what all medical issues baby "T" has yet), but they are they type that could handle it and give this little boy lots of love. Which is what he needs. Who knows what will happen, his mom might actually clean her act up and take care of baby "T" herself. But none of us is getting our hopes up. If you belive in prayer, please pray for baby "T".

Oh, and not that it matters, but I did say that I could possibly take baby "T" if there was no other family/friend who could take him. The problem with this is that I live a bit out of the jurisdiction of this situation and am not sure if the foster care system would even let me do it. When I looked into fostering from a neighboring town (albeit, across the river, so technically a different state - which also applies here), they said I couldn't. But it is always an option.

1 comment:

  1. what a heartbreaker of a story... however, it is wonderful to hear of so many people stepping up to try and help this new babe and, by proxy, his family!

    keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete