Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sick of being sick

Ok. I've had the flu most of this week already, and I don't feel much better tonight than I did Tuesday! Right now, actually, I feel almost the same - except I think my fever is a little lower. UGH. I'm seriously sick of being sick. At this rate, I don't have much hope I'll feel better tomorrow. Which means, sick and all, I'll probably at least have to work from home, as I've got 2 deadlines to meet. :(

The flu sucks.

Oh, and I read my agency newsletter about the adoption wait... the predicted wait for me is 16-17 months now - with a referral possibly in March. I'm OK with that. But it is getting a bit long. The positive would be I might travel in May, which is a special month for our family. The wait is just starting to get long. Oh, I'm sure being sick (and whiney) doesn't help... so, back to bed I go.

Peace.

ps. Thanks for all the great comments about the puppy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm logged about a month after you. My agency won't give time lines. They did say however (in the last letter) that CCAA had a cap on doing only 1500 referrals a month. Since I have no idea how many people are in line in front of me, it didn't tell me anything useful. But I thought I would share, just in case it means something to you.

    I hope you feel better soon. The flu stinks, no two ways about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! It is great to meet you! I look forward to following your journey to your daughter! I'm so sorry you are ill I hope you feel better soon!

    P.S.-Yes those feelings are normal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better soon. This time of year is so bad for flus, colds, etc.

    Hard to stay positive all the time over such a long wait but at least you have a good portion of the wait behind you.

    ReplyDelete