Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dinner the night before the Cleveland Marathon

Chase, Min, Joey, Me, Kath - carbo loading, yes. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Cleveland was an interesting place. Now let me first say, dinner was great. The restaurant was really nice, the people were nice. The food was terrific.

After dinner, however, my sis and nephew and I went to a store right next door. All I wanted was some PopTarts. Well, I thought I gave the cashier a $10 and when she gave me change back I said that. She immediately said that "She Don't give NO wrong Change!"... in a snooty, bitchy tone. I looked in my wallet and realized I had given her the $5 instead and I said so. No problem. But she went on to be really bitchy and so my sister said that she thought this girl should apologize to me, and that the customer is always right (not about the change, per se, but in practice). Well, the woman told my sis that "SHE is always right... not the customer".

Sis went to get the manager... who couldn't find said cashier for about 20 minutes. He told the girl to apologize (it was really a very simple misunderstanding) and she came to apologize, but then proceeded to make some other comment like "sorry, but....blah, blah, blah". WELL, that didn't go over very well. So, I told the manager that all we expected was some courtesy and an apology for her going off on us like that. She told him that "she said all she's had to say"... no apology. He said if she couldn't apologize, she'd have to leave. She wouldn't. So, he told her she would have to leave. We didn't stay to see if he actually followed through (though, I've had this great desire to call this week to find out) to make her leave. She was just downright rude and mean.

Meanwhile, there is a rent-a-cop on duty at the front door. Apparently, this must not be the greatest part of town, or maybe just all of Cleveland has security guards in their stores... I don't know. But at one point I even asked said rent-a-cop if we had entered the wrong side of town... she was nice, and basically said that all the stores around there had them.

The place - DRUG MART. The cashier - Joya... I told her she wasn't such the "Joy" now was she?

The rest of the trip was pretty good. The hotel was packed, and we couldn't seem to get a valet. The race had the oddest weather conditions (started rainy, then drizzle, then full rain, then full sun and gorgeous, then 25+ MPH winds and gusts for the last 7 miles). I had hoped to PR (make a personal record) at Cleveland, but that wasn't to be. I did push those last miles, even though it was full headwind, and I'm proud of myself for that. I'm glad I did it, but it definitely wasn't the trip I had hoped it might be.

Happy birthday to me (and sis).

No comments:

Post a Comment