Thursday, September 25, 2008

Out for a bit

So, we lost power for a few days last week due to a freak wind storm. Yes, that's right. A wind storm. The whole area was out, and it was just odd. Everyone seemed to band together to help each other in the time of need, and it turned out just fine. No damage to the house or anything. Thank God. I did lose the table outside, but that is minor.

Last night, Scott and I went to see Carrie Underwood and Little Big Town. That was a wonderful show! It was the first time I've had a friend come stay with Lil M for an evening... besides one time having Ellen come stay with her while I went to get my hair done... My friend Heather came over and she and Lil M played for a bit before she went to bed. The crazy thing was that Lil M cried when I left. She doesn't usually do that when we go to daycare (only once, actually)... these things I do remember! LOL. It turned out just fine. It's a good sign she didn't want me to leave. I always watch for those "attachment" things, you know. :)

Things have been a bit up and down here, work-wise. I could use some prayers. I don't really want to talk about it now, but let's just say I need something better. Quickly.

Lil M is amazing, as usual. I did finally get back to some quilting, and finished two projects this week that I hadn't worked on for many a month. Quite refreshing, actually.

Anyway, peace to all.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your power is back on! ...it is nice that you got an evening out...and I know what you mean about watching for those "attachment" signs!

    ReplyDelete