Thursday, September 21, 2006

Still don't know

So, I still haven't made a final decision on my daughter's name. I sure hope I can decide when I see her picture!! (I think I am supposed to make a decision before I actually go to China.)

Sis had to buy a new car... her old one's transmission went out! UGH. So, we went car shopping last weekend. That is always fun. I get to give a bunch of men a hard time about what we want and what we are going to pay! hehe. :) We played good cop / bad cop... you can guess I was the bad cop! LOL. Sis was definitely smoozing her way to getting a good deal. I was the hard nose. It worked out well, so far! She even got new tires and a pretty darn good deal, if I do say so. So, what kind of car did she get? Well, she got a 2003 Jeep Liberty! Very cool. It is fully loaded and BLUE. Now, this is a bonus, 'cause she's had TAN cars her whole driving life! It is very cool. She even got a V6. She's got an adult car now. :) (of course, I say that, and mine is very cool, too, but it isn't a V6...)

I had a minor victory at work this week, too!! WOOHOO. I've been worried about the testing schedule they've given us for this enormous project and we got it extended by 2 weeks (so far) and I'm going to continue to work my ways to get even more time! But 2 more weeks is definitely a start and I was very pleased.

On the adoption front, I washed all the clothes I've gotten so far from folks and buying... they are so TINY! haha. I've got to get more organized, but the process has begun, and it is kind of exciting. Now, to see what the next referrals bring...

Hope you all are hanging in there and life is good.

Peace.

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the name - Meg Ryan changed her daughter's name from Charlotte to Daisy after they met, 'cause she just didn't seem like a Charlotte. Just wait for inspiration and you'll know her name when you hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows when you hear her Chinese name you might love it.
    *HUGABUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still working on a name, too. Right now I like Reese and Lauren. We've got lots of time to decide...

    I love car shopping. I am so hard on the sales person... My husband gets a kick out of watching me go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe it will come to you, maybe you will just refer to her as the kid. Whatever works!

    ReplyDelete