Friday, January 13, 2006

Late night psychosis...I need therapy

Latest update, there are rumors about the next batch of referrals to come in before the Chinese New Year (maybe 1/15 or 1/23?) that might go up to 5/12/05 LID group. We'll see.

As for me, well, I couldn't sleep last night. I've had several nights where I start thinking of baby's name and I try different variations, different names... just generally over-analyzing (which i'm very good at) this whole name thing! Sheesh. You'd think that a name was important or something? lol.

Here is my dilema, I originally wanted her to have an "M" name. Meaning her first name started with M. Having my initials has been a consideration, too. I just can't seem to decide, though. There are a couple/few "M" names that I like, but I seem to gravitate toward the "E" names... Here is my list so far:

(I do plan to incorporate her Chinese name if at all posssible, as a 2nd middle name, most likely)

Elaina Mei-Li (or Elena Mei or Elaina Mae)
Mei-Li Elaina
Mia Ellen

I also like the names
Madalin
Marie
Mattea
Miriam
... this is all I can think of now, I have a whole list at home! lol.

I need Help!!!

And then, of course, I remembered that I originally wanted to name my daughter Elizabeth Marie (but am not naming her that because my sister already has a niece named Elizabeth)... so, her initials would have been the same as my first choice in names currently. Ugh.

Then I thought of... well, what if I had a boy? (not that that is likely this time around, since i've requested a girl, but one never knows, lol)... I like the name Eli. And if I went with Eli I could name him Eli Michael (my brother's name). So, then they'd both have EM. Which I do like. And it is similar to mine, yet different.

So... we'll see. I'll stop beating a dead horse. For this minute. :)

3 comments:

  1. Naming can be so difficult. I know that we struggled for a while and then when we thought of the right name we had not doubt in our minds. I love all the names that you have come up with so far.

    I also noticed that we must have close LID's. Your ticker is at just about the same spot as mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Karen! Yours is the journey to Ava, right? I stole your ticker! HAHA. I do think we are close on LID. Who are you going through? I'm with CCAI.

    I've kind of been thinking the Elaina Mei or Elaina Mei-Li for a long time. I just am not 100% sure! I keep going back to it thought. I think I might know when I see her at least I hope so! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were DTC on October 28 and are using GWCA.
    And yes I am from Story of Ava.
    We have been thinking about Mei as a middle name as well. I really like Eliana.

    ReplyDelete