Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sunday morning musings...

wow, 3 days in a row... some of you might get spoiled if I keep this up...

So, I woke up this morning excited about the prospect of being a mommy. Some days I wake up this way. Others, I wake up thinking I've lost my mind! LOL. I did get a little quilt from my sister for the baby this weekend (it is store-bought, but darling, and maybe that is the reason for my mood) . And I'm excited to actually start fixing up the baby's room! Currently, it is pale yellow and I think I'll leave it that way. Don't get me wrong, I like pink. But I'm just not sure I'm ready to paint an entire room that color! LOL. So, I've got to find something cutesy to go with yellow. Maybe lavender too? Hm. not sure. I can't really afford to spend a lot of money right now, but I can afford to look. hehe.

So, I forgot to mention that at Christmas I got one present for the baby (and me), a Chinese Lullabies CD from my friend Ellen! It is very beautiful! I had no idea what to expect, but it is lovely. I hope she likes it like I do. :)

Now, I guess I need to make my daughter her first baby quilt from her mommy (yes, because she might actually get lots more from her mommy! if she's anything like my nephew, she'll have me making her stuff every week! I can't wait!). I haven't even started one yet! (so unlike me, usually, I start but it takes me forever to finish depending on what it is... lol I'm still working on one for my sister that should have been finished 2 years ago! yikes! I guess I better get on that!)

Speaking of quilting, I have taken to making quilted purses that all my friends and family seem to enjoy, which is nice. I can get these done much quicker! :) I do sell these too, on occasion... or rather, my sister sells them on her website for me (shameless plug - hobbyhungry.blogspot.com)

I also need to get running. Haven't run most of this week due to a cold. yuck. I've got lots of races to run before the little one gets here! And lots of things to buy... like a jogging stroller. :)

My current race schedule:
Feb 12 Mercedes Marathon
Feb 26 LCFB Cols Marathon
Mar 12 Virginia Creeper Marathon
Mar 26 Knoxville Marathon or 1/2 (not sure, have a baby shower to maybe go to)
April 9 - St. Louis Marathon
May 6 - Indy Half Marathon
May 7 - Flying Pig Marathon

There are others, believe it or not, but they aren't definite yet. These are fairly definite.

3 comments:

  1. I came across your blog this morning. I'll check it each day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on mommyhood!

    My wife and I adopted from China in 2002 and are currently paperchasing for #2.

    Our daughter, who turns 4 next month, is the love of our life.

    You'll have a blast :-)

    ReplyDelete