Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Change

So, I've been assigned a new position at work. Officially a Lead Tester for our redesign project that is supposed to go into production next May. This is good and bad. Not sure if it is a blessing or a curse yet, haha. It is a HUGE challenge and today I've been feeling like they threw me under a bus. Please pray for me. The good thing is that if I can help this project succeed, it will be great for my career here. If not, then that's gonna bite. I've really got to get this work-stress under control.

The other thing on my mind right now is, I am wondering what is going on with referrals... of course. They only did from July 15-22, which is 7 days worth. If it keeps at this rate, I won't get a referral for quite awhile. I am guessing at this point that I won't get a referral for 13-14 months, or longer... which puts it at December-February timeframe, just for the referral. Then still 6-8 weeks to travel approval. Of course, it could speed up, but I'm guessing it might not at this point. We'll see. Part of me is still ok with this, and part of me is getting worried it is taking longer (just because of the rumors and stuff)... I'm sure it will be ok, though.

The family room looks great, if I do say so myself!! :) Now onto working on getting all my clothes organized and sorted. I also need to start on the baby's room, officially! Sis and I were thinking I could use Raggedy Ann and Andy for her room. How cute would that be! So, I'm going to start looking for a set like that. I did get a funky light for her room last weekend, but haven't really set anything up.

I got to go to the Circus De Soliel (sp?) last weekend. It was BIG fun!! Chase started 1st grade this week. He's growing up too fast!! haha. I can't believe it! He was just born yesterday.... ok, he wasn't... but it sure feels like it sometimes! My sis worries about him sometimes, but I think he is turning out to be a great kid, who has some of his mommies artistic skills! Boy, he can draw! :) (i'm not biased in any way...)

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. I guess my advice is to not fret about referrals (easier said than done, I know). It is what it is and we can't change it.

    Also, don't try to project the current wait times too far into the future. When we DTCed in April 2003, the waits were 12-13 months. We waited nine, and were pleasently surprised.

    Remember, there are a lot of variables in play and (IMO) China doesn't want to see the wait times go up any more than they are now.

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job assignment. Nothing like a challenge to keep your mind off of the wait. I wish I had some advice to give about the referral scenario, but all I can say is keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete