Friday, August 14, 2009

Running

So, I've registered for a 5K race this weekend. It's local, and looks to be fairly large for this distance... but it's a first time race for these folks and they're making me a bit cranky.

But I'm going to try to get more excited about it again. It is my first attempt at taking Lil M by myself to a race... and running with a jogging stroller. I'm dog slow to begin with, so this is just going to make it exponentially worse... but I don't really care about that. I just want to get out there.

I'm going to do a half marathon next month, and a full in October. I've already looked at a few other races, mostly in the vain of half marathons until I get back to full-capability. I need to "race" to stay motivated. I need a goal... so, this is just my way of doing that, I guess.

It felt good to register for a race.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment