Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Diapers and Purses

Work is very busy this week, as I mentioned it was going to be. I hope to get some good runs in this week and more purses/bags made.

Rumors are coming in about referrals... not sure when the next batch is going to be or up to what date. I'm still expecting to have an August or later referral (would like it to be late Sept or later, even... I have SO much to do still).

Oh, and I've also been looking into cloth vs. disposable diapers. There are some really cute cloth diapers and I'm sure I could make some myself, but I'm not sure if I'll find it to be yucky to handle them or not. Or if they will be more messy (leaks and such). Some people seem to be very into cloth diapering, but that's not the majority. Making diapers does go toward my love of fabric and quilting/sewing.

Ok, so I just had to post that one of the red toile purses I made last week is selling on eBay!!! WOOHOO!! I'm SO excited! Thank you, Alyson! You made my day!

I made 12 purses last week. I've been working my butt off and am just very thankful someone is buying one! lol :D The red toile is definitely pretty (striking). In addition to the red toile, I've made green purses, a pink girly purse and a butter yellow Asian print purse. It isn't much, but it is a start!! :) They are all on eBay and you can see them here:

Purse listings


Oh, and I got my FIRST donation (using the Make a Donation button on the side)!! THANK YOU!! :) As I said before, nothing is too small!

Off to the sewing room I go... haha, heehee.

2 comments:

  1. Can you make backpacks?
    I'd love a backpack in this style...(Think single Mom needing her hands free!!)
    Carol from caroladopts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually going to try to make a backpack this week! :) Email me if you want... or I'll just post it when I do! :)

    ReplyDelete