Saturday, March 11, 2006

The good, the bad and the fun!

(the good) I have made a total of 9 purses this week. I gave one to my sister and her friend, so I have 7 to sell. The latest design is just too girly and cute.

(the bad) So, I was supposed to go run a marathon this weekend. As my family and friends know, I try not to back out of such events unless I'm sick or something happens beyond my control (like when i sprained my ankle last year). Well, I got news yesterday afternoon (Friday) that I am going to be taking on more responsibilities over the next 3 weeks while a co-worker is out of town (ok, they mentioned it before, but i got the *full* scoop yesterday). All well and good, except this requires a LOT of over-time and early morning meetings, as it isn't supposed to affect the big project I'm involved in right now. This all starts Monday. And this means I have to do a little prep work this weekend and get some things set up for my work connection that I should have done, but didn't 'cause I didn't need it at the time. With a 6 hour drive each way, plus the marathon, I just couldn't see how I could get this other stuff done, too. Ugh. Not good. Oh well. I have a lot going on running-wise in April and May, so, hopefully that will make me feel better about this.

(the fun) So, I hit the clearance racks again this weekend, lol. I got a lot of things to embellish the purses (beads, buttons, ribbon, you name it). I even thought I'd try my hand at adding some elastic to some things... I also got some cute gifts for friends/family, and a couple books! I got a running book and an adoption book that I'm very excited about. OH, and I got a little purple pillow that says "Forever" on it for baby girl! I was very excited about that. I also got her a couple of board books. (this is a pretty big deal, as I haven't bought hardly anything for her yet.)

I didn't buy any fabric - I know, hold the phone!! ;-) I tried to behave (ha), but I did still get a bit more than planned (of course).

**Now, I know I've done some shopping this past week, and some of you might be wondering why, if I'm so worried about money. Well, I have a weakness for fabric (perhaps you've noticed by now, and if you know me, you know that is a given). And I can't pass up a store closing sale. (in this case, they are just closing and making a bigger store.) Mostly, though, I've figured that I could take some of this fabric and embellishments and create things that might help me to put some extra money toward the adoption while doing something I really enjoy - quilting (sewing). I realize I probably don't need to explain any of this to anyone, but in case you were wondering how that all worked, I thought I'd try to explain the method to my madness. :) Some say, you have to spend money to make money. Well, I hope that theory works!!! LOL.

(the rest, haha) I still need to get a long run in tomorrow, for my upcoming marathon. No slacking there. I'm just bummed I didn't get to see my friends and my step-sister MB, who is way preggo right now! :) She wasn't going to be able to make it, anyway, because it was 4 hours or more from her house, and she is too uncomfortable to drive. I don't blame her.

No comments:

Post a Comment