Sunday, March 19, 2006

What a week!

Let's see, where to begin... it's been a long week. My first thoughts this morning are about the baby and my mom. I was laying here at my sister's looking up at a picture of my mom she has up. It is reminding me of what I don't have. You see, my mom doesn't really talk to us, as in, the whole family. It is a dreadfully long story. But the main point for me this morning is she's missing out on what I'm going through. She's seen my nephew one time in his life, and he is 5 years old. Makes me sad. Makes my sister sad. Ok, it makes us all sad. I wonder how the baby will feel when she realizes she only has one set of grandparents to see regularly? Will she ask about my mom as often as Chase used to? Will my mom be upset when she finds out I adopted? (She and I talked about 10 years ago about the fact that I could possibly adopt one day... she said I would be taking on someone else's problem. I wonder if she still feels that way.)

So, this all makes me want to write her a letter and tell her all about what is going on. Tell her how much I miss her. That not having her in our lives is very tough. What was like it when she was 34? We were almost grown. What kinds of aches and pains did she have? You see, I don't remember her saying anything back then about that sort of thing. (later she has...) Ok, except I know she hates(d) certain doctor's visits and such.

Ok, what does this have to do with my long week? Nothing, I suppose. Except that I wish my daughter could have a relationship with her. I do. And that is what I'm thinking about now.

The rest of the week was long because of work. I worked a ton of hours this week. I can't believe how tired I've been. We had this install/backout... repeat, repeat, repeat... several times, all over a 2 day period. And after all that, we have to do more on Monday because the final backout required a lot of manual intervention and it isn't a solid backout. Ugh. (if none of this makes sense to you, I test software...)

I also ran a little St. Patrick's 5K yesterday. I got 3rd place in my age group, that was a shocker. lol. I got a cool little wooden guy sitting on a rock who was fishing in all his green garb. Now, I've gotten awards before... and it is always cool when I get one, especially when I'm not one of only 3 in it! LOL. (there were 4 of us this time.) The funny part is, that beause this is a small race and my friend and I got there late (we started almost 6 minutes late), they let us self-time ourselves. And they counted it. Of course, I didn't lie. Why would I? But it was very cool. I also ran one mile in 9:51. I was very excited about that. :)

My sister bought me a few little girl outfit patterns this week. When I looked at her in horror, lol, (I don't make clothes) she informed me that if I can quilt and make purses and such that I can in fact make clothes. ha. So, we'll see. They are pretty cute. On the purse/tote/bag front, I did manage to get some more fabric cut out this week and got two very simple (but cute) bags sewn. I do know when to stop, though, like last night, when I make the simplest mistakes. I'd like to sew some today, but I need to run and work a little. So, we'll see. Of course, I'll post pics. :)

1 comment:

  1. It was a good run, Melissa! Glad you got the place award! Looking foward to the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete