I've been tagged for the first time in a long time, thanks to Tom!!! :)
Instructions:Each tagged person must post 8 random facts or habits about themselves on their blog. At the end of the post, choose 8 people to be tagged and list their names.
Don't forget to leave a comment telling them that they are tagged and to read your blog. Have fun!
Here are my 8 random facts / abnormalities:
1) I'm 36 and have never been married. Some people find that odd.
2) I've completed 16 full-length marathons (26.2 miles), in 9 different states. Again, some people find that odd, or over-the-top. I don't think it is weird at all.
3) I don't believe you have to *birth* a child to be his or her Mom. To me, it is equivalent. To most, it isn't.
4) I'm a "believer", baptised Southern Baptist. But I couldn't be further from the Right Theologically... so, I'm a *born again* Liberal United Church of Christ member. (don't egg my house, please.)
5) I believe it takes people 30 or more years to figure out who they are and if they *like* themselves. Some people never grow up, or grow into the person they could be, and I find that sad. And I wish everyone could like themselves for who/what they've become, because we all go through stuff and shouldn't be martyrs or islands.
6) I have a big need to help people.
7) If I hadn't taken the *long hard road* to where I am today, I would be a completely different person. And I like who I am. I'm proud of myself for staying the course over time. And, believe it or not, that doesn't mean I'm *conceited* or full of myself. Quite the contrary.
8) I have this desire to try new things and to continually learn. I'm still considering how I can manage to get my MBA, while not sacrificing Lil M time. Someone said I wasn't "organized" one day, and I nearly fell over in disbelief!!!
2. macey's mom
3. gone fishin' (sbixler)
4. carol adopts
5. trip to emily
6. maylings mama
7. happy hoppes!
8. three peas in a pod!
#MicroblogMondays 165: Choosing to Be Calm
5 hours ago