Monday, October 2, 2006

11 month +1day

So, I didn't write yesterday, but it was my 11 month LID anniversary. Getting there, getting there. The fact that I picked a name (and still have a couple just in case), was a great accomplishment this weekend.

Now for the BAD news. My sweet, sweet, sweet kitty RACHEL is dying. I found her Friday night looking like she was dehydrated and throwing up blood. (she was fine the day before...this was unbelievably quick) NOT GOOD. So, I force-fed her some water/tuna juice to see if that would help at all, and then first thing Saturday took her to her Vet. Well, apparently, she is in renal failure. They weren't sure if she was in acute or chronic, but now they think it is chronic and that she won't make it the week. Her blood work was super high and unless it comes down dramatically today (which isn't likely), this is it. I just can't even get over this. This is HORRIBLE. I went to see her this morning and she is just so weak/lethargic. They are going to do more blood work, but the vet wants me to put her to sleep. That just tears my heart out. Of course, I don't want her to suffer. So, I am praying about this and will do what is right (I hope!) when the time comes.

Prayers are welcome.

Peace.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry this is happening to you. Poor kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I wasn't expecting something like this to happen at this time and I'm pretty devastated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your kitty. It's never, ever easy to see your furbaby in pain. Keeping you in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete