Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Amost over it

My cold lingers, but I'm almost over it. Thank God. I went to my family Dr. today and she said my chest sounds good, but let her know if I'm still coughing when we go to China and she'll call something in for me.

I actually went to see her about my vaccines and meds to take to China. She wants to look up Polio and Maleria for me. She also wants to see what people normally take for the babies... and she said for me to look up Scabies med and what Antibiotic people usually take. They gave me a Hep A booster today. Looks like I did have Measles, Mumps and Rubella (sp?) a couple of years ago, so I should be ok, but the titers will tell us this week.

No news yet on travel... still waiting. But, Sis and I got some of our things packed and worked on figuring out what suitcases and carryons to take. I told her I'd like to be packed (mostly) by this coming weekend, so that we only have a few odds and ends to worry about when the travel information comes!

This weekend was Memorial Day Weekend, of course, and we are so thankful to our Veterans. I would have posted yesterday, but Sis can only get dial-up right now and that is horribly obnoxious! lol

The only other new thing is/was that I "borrowed" one of my friends Foster Dogs this weekend. His name is "Skippy" and he is an English Setter. Goregous and just a LOVE. He has started to warm up and seems to LOVE Maggi!! My friend takes him to get neutered this week (he's approx 12-14 mo old). I might just have to have him back after that. I really like him. But, boy, that is a lot!! 2 dogs, a cat and a baby!! OMG. But I really think Maggi could use a friend besides Manna, 'cause Manna doesn't like to be chased all the time!!! ;-)

I'll post pics as soon as I can from the weekend and Skippy. Or, Hippy Skippy as we called him, 'cause he was SOOOO calm and is wearing a hippy-type collar. haha.

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Two dogs, a cat and a baby. Sounds like a sitcom!! I can just see the day when you are all chasing after each other in single file like in a Tom and Jerry catoon (lol!):)

    Anyway, its a big family which = lots of love which = happy baby.

    Take care,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before you think I’m an idiot, I meant to write "cartoons." Where's my head?

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete