Saturday, February 18, 2006

Current fears

So, the current news is that the wait is taking much longer than people hoped (10 months or longer, and some agencies are telling folks who have Jan/Feb 2006 LID that they could go to China next year). The other big scare is that China (the CCAA) has changed the rules and said that folks can't request a child under 1 year of age, that the paperwork must say that you will accept a child up to 2 years of age. There was another rumor in the past few months that China has changed their view on parent's weight, too. I'm not sure what that means. I do know other countries have a limit on what the parents can weigh and will not allow them to move forward with the adoption until they are in the required range. Bah. I sure hope that isn't the case. (Not that I'm overweight, but everyone worries about that sort of thing.)

I'm not sure how much of any of this impacts me, yet. My LID is 10/31/05 and CCAI (my agency) tells us that the current wait is 10 months. I'm, personally, OK with that. I have SOOOO much stuff to get ready, especially the finances. Don't get me wrong. I'm totally excited and wanting her home... albeit, a bit scared, too. But I am ok with the wait, so far. I would like to go before the end of the year, and even with a 10 month wait, I will likely have to have my homestudy updated.

As far as the age of my daughter... well, that's a tough one. I am really hoping she will be under a year when she comes home. Totally selfish, as I would love to spend her first birthday with her. Now, if it doesn't happen... I guess I'll just have to deal with that. And, personally, my biggest fears are more around her loving me and not having major bonding issues, or some major health issue that wasn't seen before. It is all one great big unknown right now! Eek. Of course, giving birth is one great big unkown, too, and that is some consolation to me right now, believe it or not.

I hope other waiting parents are fairing well... we will all get through this eventually. :) I imagine it will be well worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment