Monday, December 22, 2008

Too much

So, I've been thinking about Christmas all day. And about just how much I've spent... for Christmas and for the year. Yikes. And I have some debt to take care of... so, I'm prayerfully considering how to handle this. Of course, I want to give everyone everything. And I do. I like to give.

I'm considering whether or not to take/send a few things back. Like the stuff I bought *myself* for Christmas!! Actually, it wasn't for Christmas, specifically, but it was definitely due to the good deals during this season. What can I say, I like to shop.

But I don't like the debt I've accrued. It has me stressed. Don't get me wrong, there are some very valid reasons for some of it. And I wouldn't some of the decisions I made this year and last to help Sis. However, I need to get this under control.

So. I'm putting myself back on a budget. And setting some goals. Now, I just need to figure out what to do about what I've already done. Maybe not take things back, but maybe hold them back for another holiday. Yes, I think that would make me feel better. And maybe I'll donate some of it. I have some things to donate, anyway. That would definitely make me feel better.

I encourage others to do the same, if you can.

Peace.

PS. The Duggers had their 18th child on 12/19. Wow! I don't know how they do it! I love that show.

1 comment:

  1. my debt is so severe it makes me want to puke.

    i just keep telling myself- i won't be taking it with me to heaven, you know? i mean- WHAT IS MONEY really?? it's paper, really. it won't kill us.

    hope you had a great christmas!

    ReplyDelete