Saturday, November 24, 2007

After Thanksgiving

So... we did turkey day at my Dad's house. It was very good. My brother was there for the first time in years and years. It was also Lil M's First Thanksgiving!! :)

However, I did something I haven't done in probably 8 years... I didn't do the Turkey Trot. :( It was pouring rain here even at 4am, 'cause I woke up in the middle of the night. Sis and I said that if it continued to rain in the morning we probably wouldn't go because I didn't want to take Lil M in the rain. I *will* get one of those plastic covers for my running stroller, but hadn't had time to get it before the race.

I tried to call my friend Joe, but didn't get him. Not sure why, but now I feel bad 'cause I haven't heard from him... So, Joe, if you're reading this, I did try to call, but didn't hear back. I wrote you a message at like 2am telling you about the rain. I hope you had a great run, and will write or call you very soon, I promise.
Back to Thanksgiving, when I did get up, I was very grumpy that I missed the run. Even though, it seemed logical in the middle of the night. We did have Chase, and too him to Dad's. After dinner, Sis and I came back and I took a 2 hour nap. Lil M stayed over at Gramma and Grampa's house!!! That was a first! I thought I was going to be very stressed, but we all did ok. :) She had fun, and got to hang out with Uncle Joe for quite awhile. I was very happy about that!

Sis and I started our *Black Friday* shopping at 1am Friday morning. Yes, 1am. We went to the first store that opened and ended up going to Value City, Kohl's, Radio Shak, Ace Hardware, Walgreens and then I went to a Pottery place. We were done at about 11:30am. I went to get Lil M and then we went to the Pottery place, so she got to also go on her first-ever black friday shopping trip!! hahaha.

Sis and I have been VERY tired since last night!! I didn't sleep for over 24 hours, and neither did she. But it was fun and was definitely worth it. We got almost all our Christmas shopping done, and even got her a cool Christmas tree (for $19.99, 6.5' tree, with lights!!), which was the best deal we could find! I'm trying to convince Sis that we should go ahead and put it up today, but that hasn't happened, yet!!

Really, black friday shopping can be worth it if you know what you are looking for. The prices can be fantastic!! :) The lines, however, not so much. ha. But, it wasn't as bad this year. Last year we stood outside in the freezing cold for 3 hours. We didn't dare do that again this year! And we still got some great deals.

Anyway, I hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving!!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment