Thursday, April 16, 2009

Diswasher soap

I'm going to try this dishwasher soap recipe:

1 cup Borax

1 cup washing soda (Arm and Hammer)

1/4 cup salt

Mix all together and fill dispensers before starting. Use vinegar in the rinse agent area.

I already make my own laundry detergent, and that seems to be working pretty well. So, I'm going to give this a try, too! Why not give it a try and let me know what you think. :)

I read that Borax isn't particularly safe around the kitchen (can be harmful to us if ingested). Of course, my thought is that most any cleaning agent in the kitchen is not overly safe around food...


Peace.

4 comments:

  1. I was checking into making my own laundry detergent but then at kroger I found the huge tub of detergent (the one the welfare pays for) on sale for like $8. I figured I couldn't beat that price so I have cheap detergent but surely it will get my clothes clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh congrats on your sis' promotion/pay raise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you try this? how's it work? i have all the ingredients already, so i'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pajama Mama, I actually did try this... but here's the thing. Borax, even the clothes washing kind, is a kind of Boric Acid (that you would use to kill bugs). The problem with that is that it is dangerous around food. So, I'm sort of afraid to try it. I mean, I did once, and it cleaned well. But I'm wondering if it is more dangerous than other cleaners.

    My point is, I guess, that it did clean well, but is it safe to use in our kitchen?

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete