Friday, April 10, 2009

When I want to hide out...


Matthew 5:14-16

14 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Why is it so hard for us (me) to remember this? I just read a blog where a woman said she is convicted by this verse, and I agree. I read it and I am convicted. When I go out and people stare at us (not too bad) or like yesterday when I was singing at work (of all places)... I need to remember it is OK to "let my light shine".

That doesn't mean to be arrogant or that it's all about me. What it means is that it is OK to show your love of life and of God... let that light shine through in your actions, in your life. If that is through your children, great. If it is through music, great. If it is through writing, reading, mentoring... anything that you feel you contribute... don't hide out. Don't be afraid to let your light shine.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment