Monday, July 17, 2006

Giving up

I'm grumpy today. Maybe it is because I overslept. Maybe it is because I had a very busy weekend and I'm still not done with the room that is going to be recarpeted**. Maybe it is because men suck. I don't know. Maybe it is because it seems like every time I go out with someone for some reason it doesn't seem to work out at all. I'm just pretty well fed up with it all today. This is maybe the 2nd time in my life that I've felt this way about giving up on ever meeting someone and having a relationship, but that is where I am right now.

(Oh, and don't get me wrong, I had a great time hanging out with my nephew this weekend. I think I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.)

So, people ask me why I'm adopting, and adopting alone. Why not wait for a MAN? UGH. Yeah right.... My answer...

Men. Who. Needs. Them. Really?! Seriously, if there is a single man out there who even knows what a relationship is about and who isn't freaking terrified of commitment or getting close to someone, I'd like to know it. I just don't think such a man exists anymore.

God, I'm crabby. Sorry.

**So, I have so much to do to get ready for the baby. I'm not quite half-way finished with my family room (re-doing due to cat and sanitation back-up issues), but am going to be thrilled when it is done. I got part of one wall painted yesterday, half the carpet pulled up so far (I WILL get the 2nd half of it pulled up tonight to go out with the garbage).... and half the baseboards Kilz'd yesterday.

Here again, wouldn't it be divine to have a man around who could actually do some of this for/with me? Good heavens it is a lot of work. BUT NO. No man around to help. For example, what the hell do I do with the tack strips? Can I pull them up and the carpet people will put new ones down? Or will they freak if I do this? Yes, I need to call them... but if I don't pull them up, then what if the wood retains the cat pee smell and the cats go back to that spot even though I've done EVERYTHING possible to get rid of it? (Ok, so, I might not let them in the room again without me, but it could happen and this being as much work as it is... I want to do everything in my power to prevent it happening again.)

And, you know, as usual, I WILL get this done. It will get done 99% alone. And a lot of times I'm ok with that (even though it doesn't sound that way right now)... sometimes I'll have a friend or my sis come help a little... but it can be depressing. Ok, enough of all that.

I think I need to re-focus. Maybe after the referrals this month... maybe in the next week? I'll have a *slightly* (ha) better idea when my referral might come and I might actually start working on the baby's room!!! Got to get focussed on that. It seems like it is so far off... and in the next instant is seems like it is way too close and I'm going to hyperventilate!! LOL.

As always, THIS TOO SHALL PASS. Right? Right... (until then, can I crawl back into bed?)

Peace.

8 comments:

  1. Oh girl I hear ya!!! Right there with you in fix it h*ll and wondering why I have to pay for help, then I remember the last couple of relationships I was in and I know why I'm paying for help! LOL Yes, this shall pass (say it repeatedly until you believe it or get tired of saying it!) Hope your day gets better!
    Sandy
    P.S. I would take the carpet strips up, just slip a metal spatula underneath and tap with the hammer. The carpet people can easily lay fresh ones down. Good luck! One day soon you will be able to sit back and admire your own handiwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd take the strips up too. After all, if you had hardwoods and were going to carpet, they'd have to put new ones down, right?

    Sorry about the man issue. No advice there. It's tough to be single and looking. Gripe all you want!!! I'll listen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God love you both! Thanks... It has just been one of "those" days.

    Breathe in... breathe out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved my dearly beloved cat that I lost this summer, but she did leave me a couple of reminders, if you find a way to get the smell out let me know!
    PS, I have a man who knows how to do all that kinda handy man stuff!!!! BUT.... he would rather do stuff for EVERYBODY else...... too bad you didn't live closer!
    At least you can call a repair/handy man! I'd have my head cut off if I did!
    Catch 22 I guess.
    *HUGABUGS*
    I hope you have a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what they say, give up and he will come. OK I’ve given up along time ago and he’s still not here. Is there such a thing as a committed guy these days? We live in the non-committal generation. Why do they have to commit when they can get what they want without it. You’re not alone. I could have written this post myself these days. I have always blamed it on living in an isolated place. I guess it’s no different in your neck of the woods. Hang in there someday things will be different that’s a guarantee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean. And sometimes it's not that the work is so hard that you need help, it would just be nice to share it with someone.

    I have discovered, however, how resourceful I can be when there's no boyfriend, brother, dad, etc around to help. I have moved entire rooms of furniture, repaired rain gutters, and chopped down a tree -- all on my own.

    Men -- it's not that we need them, but I do want them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, Tonda, you got me there! I want them too....

    what to do, what to do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear your having a better day!
    Yes you can add me to your favorites I'll do the same if you don't mind me doing so.
    *HUGABUGS*

    ReplyDelete