Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sew...

I did more sewing this weekend, finally! I embellished four or five purses that needed something extra and I made a baby bag! :D It turned out SO cute, if I do say so myself! :) It is Winnie the Pooh print and I'm toying with keeping it myself... hehe, but my sister is going to take pics and list it for me. (if it doesn't sell, I'm keeping it) But it would make someone a great baby bag! I made it with 2 diaper pockets on the inside and 3 bottle size pockets on the inside. And 1 bottle, 1 diaper and 1 extra pocket on the outside. It is bigger than a purse and has batting to make it thicker and more sturdy than the spring purses** I've been making lately (not quite quilted, but along those lines.) Very cool (in my not-so-unbiased opinion!) :) If you are interested, please go to the HobbyHungry on Ebay link on the right or see the pics below and go to the link from there. :D

**The Spring purses I make don't have batting, but since I make everything out of cotton, they seem to hold up pretty well, anyway. I use mine for months at a time... whereas, sis, is spoiled and she switches every month or so!! haha. I haven't "bought" a purse in over a year now and get lots of compliments on them... but see below... they are hard to sell online for some reason. But I still share here 'cause it is something I'm doing toward the adoption....

She also listed those two LADYBUG purses, that I've mentioned before (sorry, if you are tired of hearing about these in particular... they are cute, and we've been toying with using them ourselves!) It is quite easy to love each one of them and want to keep them! HAHA. ;-) (my sis being the biggest culprit, i mean fan, hehe.) But I'm trying to find ways to make a little extra money, and this seems like a good outlet for me. My sister is a great seller and she's sold quite a few of my purses to friends and co-workers and friends of friends, and so forth... They are just so hard to show online. Oh, and I've also listed below the Angel Toile purse that I embellished today! What a difference some beads make.

Any and all proceeds go toward the trip to China. (quite nervous, but still very excited about all this...) I even had a family at church bring me two giant bags of baby stuff today!!! WOOHOO! I have so many great friends. Really. I do.

Anyway, this weekend made me feel a bit better. We didn't go see my cousin for her birthday, but neither of us were feeling 100% and I've just been exhausted this week. I think we both just needed some down time. And, I, personally, needed to get back to the things I love to get me out of my funk this week. So, thank you all again for putting up with my rantings... and Aunt Gay Gay, if you do see this HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We'll make it up to you... might even have a purse with your name on it! :D

Oh, and I'm STILL working on the family room, but have made some good progress and tomorrow that is the main goal.... the carpet guy is going to kill me if I don't get a move on! LOL.

Peace.







No comments:

Post a Comment