Sunday, September 23, 2007

Skip to my Lou



Skippy is doing better. Sis still has Maggi, but will bring her down here in the next day or two. I've been a home-body this weekend. Well, except going to the grocery and to the pet store. Took Mia and Skippy to the pet store. He was scared, but did ok. I think I need to take him about once a week and other places too, to get him more socialized. He is such a sweet dog. I'm sure he'll like it when Maggi gets back. But it has been really good for him to have a few days of concentrated time with me and Little M. Things I've learned... he likes to be put outside on a lead to do his business at his leisure.

I tried to walk him about 8 times Friday night... and he just wouldn't go! I finally gave up and attached him to the 20' lead outside...and within 5 minutes he'd done his business! Woot.

Little M and I need weekends like this to recuperate from the week. It goes too fast.

3 comments:

  1. Baby Pumpk'n (as they would say in old Kentucky) seems to love that ball. And she seems to be sticking her tongue you at you! Should I say "Way to go, baby Mia!" and encourage her? LOL! I am such a bad influence;)

    I’m glad Skippy is adjusting to a new environment and a new presence at close proximity to him. Poor thing. Just can’t imagine the hell he went through before you got him.

    Anyway, did you think of the names I suggested? I don’t think Mia, Maggi, Melissa, and then Skippy sounds right. Now, change Skippy to, say, Marissa, and you’ve got yourself a winning team that will be associated with such awesome groups as the Rat Pack, Super Friends, the Three Musketeer, and, of coarse, Air Supply.

    “Hey, Marissa, what a nice boy you are!” I’m telling you, it sounds just fine:) Would I let my sense of humor mislead you? [Insert mischievous chuckle here]

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I don't think Marissa is the right name... too close to Melissa! I've thought of Mickey... ? But I'm almost tempted to keep Skippy. ha.

    I'm glad he's doing better, too. I wish he wasn't so scared of every little thing. I hate to think what he might have been through.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great pic of Mia! the one's posted a few days ago are pretty good, too! :D i know they turned out a bit dark, but they are still really good :D xxoo min

    ReplyDelete