Sunday, September 30, 2007

Weekend fun

This weekend the baby and I and Skippy went to Aiyee Mimi's house. Maggi was there already. The kicker was that I had to work, too.... from home (her home). Oh joy. Now, the good stuff first.

Sis and I got to go garage saling for the first time all summer, practically. It was a gorgeous day yesterday, so that was fun. Skippy went with us to Chase's soccer game and then rode around with us for awhile. He's got to get socialized.... so, we took him along. It's going to take some time, but he did pretty well. Little M had a great time this weekend. She got to see Aiyee Mimi and Grandma and Grandpa. The grandparents were supposed to come down today, but I had to keep working and so we stayed at Sis' so I could get some concentrated work done and Sis could hang out with Little M. Confused yet? ;-)

So, I owe my friend Ellen a BIG apology for not going to get coffee... and I am sorry. Work went to hell. I had to make quite a few phone calls yesterday, but that wasn't enough, 'cause I didn't login and write tons of email. So, today, I had to call tons of people to get some development support (that didn't respond until 8pm tonight, booh) and talk to my boss and his boss.... and my team members. We're two days behind in this project and everyone is going ape-shit. So, I was online and working from 11am until just about 10 minutes ago...and technically still am.

And I will still get yelled at tomorrow. 'Cause I didn't get two team members to talk to each other... they are senior (not old) employees, but can't figure out how to CALL EACH OTHER. I'm a glorified babysitter. UGH.

Anyway... that's why I couldn't get coffee. I could barely get home! We did go see the grandparents... who hung out with Baby M while I took my 3rd conference call today. Fun, Fun. But it got done, and they got to see her. Plans changed, but they still got to visit.

The rest of the weekend was wonderful. Sis and I had some great quality time. The dogs seem to like playing together and Little M had a great time. Oh, and it was gorgeous out. Even on the weekends it seems like there is never enough time for everything... including rest!!! My allergies are crazy bad and I am going to try to get some rest tonight.

Now, I've got to figure out how to get to see my two best friends Ellen and Misty. Otherwise, they are likely to forget who I am!!! (and Little M too, of course!)


PS. Little M took her first step(s) yesterday (Saturday 9/29). She took her first step (one) for Sis. Then she took about one and a half steps for me!! WOOHOO. It was a big moment and I forgot to write about it. Still not quite walking yet, but definitely on her way!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go with the potty fingers! I think I'll say a few while I write this:-) But when you consider what you wrote about on this posting and what you wrote on the other blog, wouldn't it be better to put "uncle" on this blog and "ape-s**t" in the other?

    Did you see the picture?