Sunday, February 1, 2009

Smoothies

I got a hand-held blender type thing to make smoothies with for Christmas. Man, does that thing rock! LOVE IT. I've been making really blueberry-chocolate smoothies this week. Yum! I make it with 1% milk, ice, chocolate syrup and blueberries.

Now, I need to find some more recipes to try. I got blueberries for a dollar a pint at the grocery and so I got quite a few. Love blueberries. So does Lil M. Though, I haven't given her much of the smoothies, she has tried it and liked it too.

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. After the scare dissipates, try a peanut butter smoothie. Gosh, I LOVE those and I haven't had one in a while. But first wait until peanut butter is safe again, or since peanuts are not the subject of the salmonella contamination, maybe you can make your own.

    I normally buy frozen raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries for smoothie type culinary activity.

    Also, try making anchovy smoothies in the Bassomatic blender that was featured years and years ago in an SNL sketch. Oh scrumptious!

    PS
    You know I'm just teasing with the Kentucky stuff, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. peanut butter and chocolate... that'd be yummy. :)

    yes, i know you're kidding!

    ReplyDelete