Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Kentucky:SECTION 1. A NEW SECTION OF KRS CHAPTER 199 IS CREATED TO READ AS FOLLOWS:
(1) The Kentucky General Assembly finds that it is in the best interest of a child in need of adoption or foster care to be reared or placed in a home in which the adoptive or foster parents are not cohabiting outside of a marriage that is legally valid in Kentucky.
(2) An applicant shall not be approved to provide foster care or relative caregiver services to a child, or approved to receive a child for adoption if the applicant is cohabiting with a sexual partner outside of a marriage that is legally valid in Kentucky.
(3) The Cabinet for Health and Family Services shall promulgate an administrative regulation to implement this section.
(4) This section shall be known as "The Child Welfare Adoption Act."
(5) This section shall not apply to children placed for adoption prior to the effective date of this Act....
Create a new section of KRS Chapter 199 to prohibit the approval of foster care, relative caregiver services, or adoption of a child by an applicant who is cohabiting with a sexual partner outside of a marriage that is legally valid in Kentucky; create the short title "The Child Welfare Adoption Act"; exempt children placed for adoption prior to the effective date of this Act; amend KRS 199.470 to conform.
I'm so horrified. Trying to find ANY way to get people to see how wrong this is... sorry to belabor it on my blog, but it is just wrong what they are trying to do.