Monday, March 23, 2009

Movies

I'm not a huge movie watcher. Something about taking 1.5-2.5 hours out of my life to get irritated with a stupid ending... or stupid plot... lol. (now, don't ask me about TV, especially on DVD... that's my fave).

But I took a movie plunge this weekend. I watched "The Changeling", "The Constant Gardener" and "88 Minutes".

The Changeling - Angelina Jolie, did a fantastic job in this movie, IMO. Different type of role for her, and she was not only very believable, but very good. I really liked this movie. It was definitely different... I am considering watching it again, even. Not sure I like the ending... but it is based on a true story, so I can't really complain that much! For an ending, overall, it was good (i usually hate movie endings)... I just felt it was sort of anti-climactic. Although, during the movie, there were some great things that happened, and showed the Mother's resolve to find her son. Loved that.

88 Minutes - typical action flick. Pretty good... but sort of not-believable... It was OK.

The Constant Gardener - was FANTASTIC. It is probably one of my all-time favorites, to date. I like smart movies, good plots... this one had everything I like... little action, but mostly a lot of clues that you had to walk through with the characters to figure out... and it had a fantastic middle and end. Seriously. One of my favorites. I even liked the end. Actually, it was a good ending.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment