Friday, January 9, 2009

Interesting day

Today was interesting. Went to jury duty (my 3rd time being called - first time was on 3 juries and the 2nd time no juries).... and was selected (at random) for Grand Jury duty! I was even made the Foreperson. It lasts for 60 days, and we meet every Thursday morning to go over cases. So, that's once a week for 8 weeks. Not too bad! I don't have to call in every day! And it won't interfere with daycare or Mia. :) Work is OK with it too!! The evil witch I worked for last year would have given me all kinds of grief... boy, am I glad I don't work for her anymore! I digress. ha.

One of the guys at work installed something into production today, and people couldn't access the system. So, he had to back it out. Apparently, he didn't make a very good impression with the powers-that-be... bummer. He was kind of cranky, and I understand why... but both Managers came by and said *I* was doing a good job. One even went so far as to say that this guy would be leaving... UH OH. :( That bummed me out. But, I can't do anything about it.

I'm supposed to sing at church this weekend, for the first time in over a year! YIPPEE!! :) I'm excited. I'm not excited about the SNOW that is coming, however. So, let's see if I can even drive up there (it's an hour away).

Going home now to have dinner with my Honey and Lil M. :)

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like you're ready to convict someone. Cool! Make sure you given whatever the law allows - show no mercy.

    Now, if some shyster representing the defense should have the audacity to approach you and shove if your face a wad of money in order to get you to acquit, I trust you to make the morally correct decision and count the money before you say NO. When opportunities come, you gotta take them.

    Hope you singing goes well for you in church:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really love to see the "Ant" video !!!

    S.

    ReplyDelete