Thursday, January 8, 2009

"They" say...

Supposedly, you will save money by turning your heat down during the day (or for several hours at a time). Um, it isn't working like I thought it would. I mean, I turn the heat down to 62 degrees at 7:30am and don't turn it up until 5pm, to 69 degrees...and 73 at 10pm. So, you're talking over 12 hours a day that it is 69 or under in the house. And, 9.5 hours it is at 62. :( WTF.

Don't get me wrong, I like being able to turn it down automatically. But. I don't understand why I'm still using so much energy. If it were the summer, I'd be using less that 1000 kwh, but I'm up to 3000 right now!!!

Oh, and as for the little heaters... I only turn my one little heater on when it is REALLY cold out and I need to warm up my room for an hour or so. This is NOT every day. Yes, I've been cooking more, but sheesh. Could that really account for such a high electric bill?

Ok... I checked my bill and had it run the reports it does based on the information your plug in about your home. Apparently, I'm using LESS than the average person/family would in the home of my size. However, I really hate this time of year and how high my electric bill is. It happens every year, and is usually for 2 or 3 months. I guess average household uses 2256 kwh approx for the whole year, and we use 1703 approximately, so that is good. But, this time of year, it goes up to 3000 or 4000 even. :(

I'm sure everyone else cares. not. lol



I'm in pink here, and so that is encouraging... but I still hate the winter costs.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment