Monday, October 22, 2007

Illness update

Little M's temp spiked again last night... dare I say that the thermometer said 104.1...which means it was actually 105.1?!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG !!!! I immediately put her in a cool bath and go her temp down. That was very scary. That was at 3am, when Mama got up to go potty. When I checked her, I nearly had a heart attack. :(

So, she laid in with me for a bit, and neither of us slept, really. She was still hot and miserable, even though she wasn't as hot at she had been. Then at 8am, I took her temp again...102.9. Good heavens. So, I called the On Call Dr. ....and he's her Dr. O. Took him about 20 minutes to call me back, and I told him we were on our way, and I *HOPED* he could get us in. He said...yes, come on.

When we got to the Dr. her temp had risen to 103.7. They checked her out and gave her some baby advil again...and it didn't lower it at all. It increased to 103.9!!!!! SO, the Dr. gave her a cool sponge bath. That brought her temp down to 101.6.

He said he throat is red, but doesn't think it is strep. He thinks it might be Roseo? No idea. But apparently that can spike a fever for 3-4 days and then they get a rash. Oh goodie. But I'm HOPING this fever breaks today. She's on antibiotic now and resting. God love her. Mama's poor angel. She has a cough and nose/eye gunk. He said that part is probably a cold. But gave me eye drops in case I need them.

This is my first time experiencing such a scary high fever in a baby, other than my nephews. My sister has been SO good to us this weekend. She came down and helped. She has the Mommy experience of the two of us....and it is just awesome to have her support. OH, and she made me some turkey goulash!! YUM YUM. That was just too good for words. haha.

She's coming back tonight, so I can *hopefully* go back to work tomorrow.

Oh, did I mention I walked into a door the other night? I have a nice bruise on my left eyelid... makes me look like someone popped me one! UGH. But, that's the least of my concerns. It happened when Mia was sick Friday night and crying. I wasn't awake and didn't turn the light on. BAM, right into the edge of the dang door. Oh well. :) This too shall pass.

God bless.

Peace.

5 comments:

  1. Yes fevers are very scary so is the vomit stuff. Hope Mia is feeling better soon. Did they test for strep?

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear she is not feeling well. Best Wishes for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor baby! Wish I lived down the street so I could come over and help you out... hope she gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mamma "M",

    You did the right thing. Anytime a baby's temperture gets that high you need to call the Doc. Scary moments to say the least ... I'm glad things have calmed down for the meanwhile .... but above all ... "Family First" .... work will always be there. Call me if you need anything !

    I know how stressful this is as far as work is concerned.

    Be Strong !

    SBix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW,

    Mia has the coolest Ayiee Mimi of all time :) .... and the coolest Sis ! :) ....

    Sorry to hear about the run-in with your door ... we will all understand :) ... ?

    SBix !!!!

    ReplyDelete