Thursday, July 12, 2007

10 months 2 weeks

Little M and Chasey-Man playing


Little M's's first US Doctor Visit went well. It went well. He said she is 15 lb 9 oz. (She was 16 lb 2 oz in China, but maybe their scales are a little off or something). She is 27" long and her head circumference was 16.25" or so (I'll need to look that one up). All fine! She's underweight a little bit, but she's fine, he said. The girl can eat like a champ, so it's not a feeding problem, thank God. :) We go back in two weeks. He thinks she'll be up to 18 lbs in a month, or so. Wow. He said the 4 bottles a day is good, that I've been giving her, and that she can actually have 3 meals, too. She's been having one or two meals with the bottles. So, I need to up her intake just a little. That seems like a lot to me, but what do I know.

She had two shots (HIB and something for Pneumonia). She cried and then spit up the formula I had just given her. Oops. But she was fine after a couple of minutes. She was OK last night, too, so I'm glad there were no adverse affects from the shots.

She's having kind of a late nap right now, but we're having a great time together. I know it will be tougher once I go back to work, and I will be missing out on some things, but I'm so thankful for the time we do have. Really, she is just a joy.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment