Sunday, July 15, 2007

Family Reunion

We had essentially a family reunion yesterday (some were missing, but it was for my Uncle). It was a ball. I love my family. They are the greatest.

I'll post pics when I can.

I'm a bit aggravated right now. Yesterday, God love her, my grandmother said she was going to treat M as if she was her granddaughter. Um... she IS your granddaughter. Today, my nephew asked me if I knew her "real" Mom. Um... I AM her real mom. It has begun. And here I thought I might actually get through this without getting upset. Guess not. (And for the record, I know neither of them meant anything bad, but it is a hot spot for me.)

I am her REAL mom.
I am her FAMILY.
Just because I didn't BIRTH the child doesn't mean she isn't MINE.

For God's sake.

Peace.

4 comments:

  1. Dont take it to heart Miss, mamaw doesnt mean anything to hurt you, in fact I'm sure she meant for it to mean that she wouldn't treat her any differently becuase she's adopted. As for nephew, well, he's a kid, and just curious. I (we) all know who Mia's mommy is, and she does too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you are her real mom...no doubt about it! And she is getting cuter every day!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I've learned there are people close to Kate and I who need a little extra help with the adoption world.
    So I know say (to those people)
    you may not realize it, but fill in the blank is actually offensive to adoptive parents/children. I know you don't mean to offend anyone, but I thought you might just like to know that. i'd be happy to help you along the way....:

    if it helps..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so great to see you guys the other day! Everyone just fell in love with Mia! I'm sorry about what mamaw and chase said. They didn't mean it to be mean. I know it must hurt though. We all adore Mia and I'm just over the moon with the fact that you are finally a mommy! How amazing is that?! I can't wait to see you guys on Sunday! Love you both sooo much!

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete