Thursday, July 5, 2007

Our First Official Holiday!!

My little blessing celebrated her FIRST ever holiday with me and her new family! She wore her little red-white-and-blue dress that says "I'm a little Miss". :) I love that dress!!!

It was very cool. Dad, Janice, Sis, Her friend and kids and my friends Ellen, Dave and Sue all came over! We had a HUGE cookout! And I do mean huge (hamburgers, turkey-burgers, chicken, corn on the cob, potato salad, dill potato salad, beans, veggies, chips, strawberry shortcake...are you hungry yet?)! They are all so good to me (and us, now... ok, so they were probably good to M! lol) It was just a wonderful day. And I usually don't care too much for the 4th. No offense to our country or troops, but just bad experiences, I guess. I really am a big fan of our Great Old US of A! :)

Oh, and Little M slept most all night in her bed. Wow. She also slept pretty early and late, for her here. I was more anxious than she was! lol. I must have gotten up 3 or 4 times just because I didn't hear anything. Then she did wake up about 3:30 or so and was a little restless until I got her about 5:30. She and I went back to sleep until 8am or so! Progress is a good thing. I know you all probably don't care, but, boy is it nice to get a little rest!

Today was a big day, too. We went with my friend Ellen to get registered at Babies R Us!! Try doing that with a 16.5 weight on your person. It was tiring. We were probably there for 3 hours or more. Wow. I got registered for lots of little things and a few bigger ones. At least I know what they have now, and can go back if I feel like I really need something. There is one pretty close to Sis' house. :)

Back to the sleep thing... I (we) were able to keep Sugar Plum up until 9pm tonight! She had a nice nap about 10:30 this morning, which was cool, since she slept so much last night. But other than that, she was awake. What a little trooper. She just loves her carrier. (My back, on the other hand, didn't so much like the 3 hours walking with the weight... but it is fine now)

Let's *hope* she sleeps alright tonight too (Please God, Please, Please, Please)! I got her to bed without too much fuss. Amazing. Really.

I'll try to post some more pics tomorrow. I think I'm going to take this opportunity to unload the dishwasher and get to bed, myself.

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that your daughter was able to get some sleep. Gracie is still sleeping now at 1:29am, I on the other hand have insomnia and am wide awake!! I hear ya about the anxiety thing. Anyway, glad things are going well and I love your blog!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had fun and that the sleep think it getting right way round.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete