Saturday, July 7, 2007

Over a week now

So, we've been home for more than a week now. Wow. That is amazing. She and I had a rough first few days, trying to adjust to the time zone and everything. I'm sure it didn't help that she's in a brand new place with new noises and two animals to boot. But she is doing amazingly well. She is getting to know Maggi. I think they will be fast friends once she gets more used to her.

So, last Thurs was travel day. Friday was sleep day. Saturday was a sleep day, and crying and not wanting to sleep on her own. Sun, Mon and Tue were pretty much repeats of Saturday, except I tried to get us back on schedule a little bit at a time. Wednesday helped because we had company. It was the first full night she slept in her bed, and I was the one who was anxious. Thurs we went to get registered and she and I both slept better. Yesterday she woke up sounding like she isn't feeling well. So, we stayed in. She slept a little more, and was content to lay/play on the couch beside me. We both slept a little better last night, too. So, there you have it, the quick rundown.

As of Wednesday she started coming back out of her shell. She seemed more like her happy little self. She really is a happy girl. The latter half of this week has gone so much better, and that just makes me happy, too. It is totally crazy how a little person can have such an effect on your heart so quickly.

I'm already thinking about when I have to go back to work and what our schedule may/will be like. It is the first time the realization has hit that she will be with someone else for 8 or more hours a day (during the week, of course). Part of me wishes it didn't have to be that way, but I know it does. Even if I wasn't single, I am not the kind of person who can sit at home for very long.

Anyway, she's amazing. I am excited to see how the next few weeks go. She's already pulling herself up more and rolling over like a pro. You can see how far she's come in just 3 weeks. I wonder how much farther she'll get in the next 2 or 3 weeks while I'm off.

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. SO glad to hear things are going better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear she is sleeping a little better.. It will get better..
    She is sooo cute..
    Hang in there..
    And being a working mom is not a bad thing.
    Enjoy every second with her..
    Have a great weekend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete